Nov 9, 2008

Change



Hadith 34 Arabic text


On the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"When any one of you sees anything that is disapproved (of by Allah), let him change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his heart, though that is the weakest (kind of) faith."

[Muslim]


The last portion of the hadith clearly states that the least a Muslim can do in the case of witnessing an evil act is to change it by his/her heart. This means that he/she should dislike the evil he/she comes across. This is an action of the heart, such as saying: "O Allah, there is nothing that I can do to change this bad situation that You dislike and disapprove except that I hate it to take place. I do not agree to it. O Allah forgive me, guide me and save my heart to be influenced by it."

Unless this action of the heart is practiced, the heart of the believer who witnesses that evil will be subject to be influenced by that evil. A dark spot will be placed in that heart (as stated in another hadith related by al-Bukhari).
With the repetition of such negative attitudes, the heart will be subject to more dark spots placed in it until it is concealed and no longer appreciates what is good and no longer dislikes what is bad or evil. This means that the Muslim who does not practice the lowest level of forbidding the evil, will be subject to turn into being an evil doer him/herself.

**********

Kak Syude(my naqibah) kupaskan hadith ni during last usrah(07/11/08). Macam mana kita kena mengubah perkara mungkar selari dengan kemampuan kita.

Selama ni, yang aku termampu adalah membenci dengan hati, which is the weakest of Iman. It is really torturing whn u cant say anything to ur frens that changed.

I wish I wud have at least the lowest rank of bravery to tell them that they are changing and diverting from Islamic values. I wish I wud have the gut to say it. But, I cant.

Few days ago, something happens that i dont even want to remember it. How shock i am,knowing that A(not a real name) changed. May be i didnt know her inside out. For God's sake, I dont even have the idea that she was so brave. Sorry, but I cant tell it precisely.

I know her for 5 years. and i dont want her to be deceived by the illusion of the duniya.

O Allah, please give me the strength..

0 comments:

My photo
Cita-cita asal nak jadi tukang jahit.
 

A Little World Of Mine Design by Insight © 2009